ACR1281U-C2 Card UID Reader is a contactless card reader w/ Keyboard Emulation. It automatically gets the Unique Identifier number (UID) of any ISO 14443 Parts 1-4 Type A and B-compliant contactless card.
When presented with a contactless card (such as a MIFARE card), the ACR1281U-C2 retrieves the card’s UID and automatically returns it to the PC. The reader enables output of the UID via Keyboard Emulation directly to any editor, e.g. Notepad, MS Excel, MS Word, etc. With the UID, cardholders can be identified correctly in different applications, such as identity verification, time & attendance, and access control. ACR1281U-C2 also has an anti-collision feature that ensures only one card is accessed when multiple cards are presented simultaneously.
Since the ACR1281U-C2 Card UID Reader is compliant with the Human Interface Device (HID) standard, it reduces driver installation issues during integration into PC environments. It can support most operating systems, including Microsoft® Windows, Linux and other embedded systems.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Interface
- USB HID Keyboard Class
- Contactless Card Support:
- Read/write speed of up to 848 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 50 mm (depending on tag type)
- Supports ISO 14443 Part 4 Type A and B cards and MIFARE series
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only one tag is accessed at any time)
- USB Firmware Upgradability